Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Narcissitic Blasts From the Past: Part I



Graves of the Endless Fall is a band that I formerly played guitar for. It was the first project I had been involved in where I felt like I was able to explore my varied interests in music. Although rooted in hardcore, GOTEF was a vehicle used to explore the varying members love for namely Black Sabbath, but also other metal tinged acts such as Neurosis, early Mastodon, Converge, and Botch. This seething brew was also peppered with my then mounting fascination with all things droning and crusty, ala His Hero Is Gone, and From Ashes Rise. I ended up leaving GOTEF to pursue other musical horizons, but did so amicably, and happily note that these dudes are still going at it with a re-vamped line up that holds its previous core of Eric R., Adam L., John C., and Mike V., along with newer additions in my good friend and former band mate Sean T. (also of Somnabulist Red fame) and brother-in-arms Eric S.(whom also is axe slayer and vokillist in Daisycutter and Nak'ay, as well as holder of the flame of Ft. Wayne's d.i.y. scene at 1624 N. Harrison St.).

This little demo is what I consider this bands crowning achievement while I was a member, and I am proud to have been a part of its creation. The songs on here are what I feel some of the best I have collaborated on in my time as musician. Here it is and I hope you enjoy it:

We Sleep Moving

No comments:

Post a Comment