Tuesday, November 16, 2010

R.I.P. Mark Sheehan and Heartless 12/11



Another hero of mine has fallen prey to mortality! I just belatedly received news that New England hardcore stalwart Mark Sheehan died back in October. Mark played bass and fronted the piss and vinegar charged HxCx powerhouse Out Cold, and was also a former collaborator with G.G. Allin. He was far and away one of my favorite punk/hardcore vocalists, and always inspired me to want to front a band (which happened briefly). When you listened to his venomous vocals, you were right there with him shaking your misanthropic, mad-at-the-world fists at whatever real or imagined shit ass he and you wanted to belt! There isn't a weak Out Cold album of the bunch, and if you are unfamiliar with their work, do you self a favor and refer to my old post here where I celebrate and share their debut album. Also, check out this article on Big Wheel Magazine where Mark is remembered.




On a more positive note: The pissed off hardcore tradition is carried on by my friends in Pittsburgh PA's Heartless. I am doing a show for them at The Dojo Saturday, December 12th. Familiarize yourself with them by checking out my post I did on them here. Hope to see you at the show!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment