Tuesday, December 1, 2009

R.I.P. Mat Arluck


Mat Arluck of Sweet Cobra passed away a few days ago. I just wanted to post to pay tribute to a fallen fellow brother in metal. I was not as close to Mat as some of my friends, but I knew him well enough to say he was an awesome dude. Super out-going and friendly, I was introduced to him by my friend Carl Byers one night at the Melody Inn. We bonded over chatting about Bolt Thrower and Craft, and every time I saw him after that he always went out of the way to stop and talk to me; a rare bit of friendliness and genuineness you don't find often in the superficial world of scene-ism. He put up a tough fight against his condition, and like any true dude, you would still see him out playing and attending shows, when he could have just as well stayed at home to recuperate. I just saw him about a month ago at a show at Rippy's. It never crossed my mind that would be the last time I would see him. I will miss him...

Current listening: Sweet Cobra-"Forever"

No comments:

Post a Comment